Due to the need to increase the city’s water supply, a new dam for the Lawson City Reservoir was completed in 1964. This 25-acre reservoir flooded the existing 7-acre Lake City Lake. This reservoir sits on 111-acres of land on the north end of Lawson, Missouri in Ray County. The reservoir is surrounded by a 1.7 mile trail and provides a great setting for picnicking, nature viewing, bird watching, hiking, and fishing. Lawson City Lake provides fishing opportunities for bass, crappie, catfish and carp. Channel catfish are stocked periodically by the Conservation Department.
Things to Do
• Camping (primitive)
• Outdoor Photography
• Nature Study and Birdwatching
Rules and Regulations
Camping, fishing, launching and landing non-motorized boats are permitted at any time when authorized. State fishing permit is required.
• Only pole and line fishing (3 per person).
• Seining or trapping live bait is prohibited.
• Bullfrogs and green frogs may be taken during the statewide season by hand, handnet, gig, longbow, and hook and line.
• Hunting or shooting, swimming, digging, fireworks and unattended fires are not allowed.
• Horseback riding not permitted.
• Vehicles on roadways and parking areas only.
• All terrain vehicles prohibited.
• Electric boat motors only.
Click here for complete City Lake Regulations.
RV Park at City Lake update
Work continues at City Lake on the RV Park. Operating more or less under same rules at Missouri State Parks, the Lawson Park will have similar amenities. The RV Park will be operated under the direction of the Parks and Recreation Department. Click here for more information.
Map below by Missouri Department of Conservation