The major responsibilities of the City Clerk include upholding the laws of the City, maintaining and drafting official records such as Board of Aldermen and Board of Adjustment minutes, ordinances, resolutions, and other vital documents.
The office of City Clerk for the City of Lawson is responsible for assisting citizens, corporate residents and the general public with information. In addition, this individual performs many tasks that assist in guiding and managing the operation of local government policy and law. The Office of the City Clerk strives to give complete and accurate information, remains neutral and impartial on all political matters, rendering equal service to all. Below are just a few of the responsibilities of the City of Lawson City Clerk.
- Posts public meeting notices as required by Missouri law
- Administers oaths of office
- Provides recordkeeping and administrative functions to the Board of Aldermen, Mayor and City Administrator
- Certifies and affirms various City documents
- Retains custody of the official City seal
- Manages the City’s human resources department
- Maintains the City’s Municipal Code Book
- Manages requests to speak to Council
- Collects information and prepares Council agendas and other information for Council
- Collects, organizes, and maintains records
- Records and submits City Council meeting minutes