How can you help out?
Shop local and buy local! It is amazing how it will sustain a community.
Business Licenses and Permits (link)
The Building Permits and Inspections Department will strive to assist you with your construction project in an efficient and accountable manner. They are responsible for permitting all construction and conducting inspections of all construction-related permits.
The Building Permits and Inspections Department is responsible for:
- Conducting building construction inspections
- Issuing building permits
- Issuing certificate of occupancy permits
- Reviewing building plans
- Working directly with the Planning and Zoning Commission
Get more information about business-related licenses and permits and how to get one for your business. To obtain a business-related license or permit, please visit City Hall, Monday through Friday, between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
If you don’t see what you’re looking for, give us a call and we will be happy to answer your questions.
Economic Development in the City of Lawson is a key ingredient leading to the success of our city today. Helping local business and outside companies looking to relocate to the City of Lawson through various incentive plans, tax abatements, and resources, with the overall goal of enhancing the City of Lawson through the promotion of economic growth.
Planning & Inspections
The City of Lawson’s Planning and Inspection Department is responsible for the following:
- Enforcing building codes
- Enforcing zoning regulations
- Administering ordinances for permits and inspections
- Enforcing dwelling standards ordinances
- Condemning and removing hazardous buildings
- Scheduling and conducting building inspections
Our Building Codes and Inspection Department take on the responsibility within our community of the following:
- Enforcing building codes and
- Ensuring the health, safety and general welfare of our citizens.